My career path is a bit atypical. In three lines:
- I have worked in the industry for 7 years in France for clients such as the French Navy (DCNS), EADS, Thales and PSA PEUGEOT CITROEN.
- In 2010, I re-oriented my carreer toward research and moved to Italy, to work on topic such as Cloud Computing and Internet of Things in the research centre Create-Net.
- I have also started a PhD in Computer Science in 2012 with the University of Trento, Italy.
My research interests are around resource optimization in data centres, functionnal programming and constraint programming.
I am currently part of these EU FP7 projects:
- DC4Cities: better use of renewable energies (solar, wind, hydro) in data centres.
- iCore: use cognitive technologies to adress the heterogeneity of the vast amount of object interconnected in the Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm.
I am the main author and maintainer of the following softwares:
- Nomyx: A unique game where YOU can change the rules
- Plug4Green: A Virtual Machine manager able to save 20% of energy in data centres
- iCore Platform (private sources): A platform for Internet of Things based on cognitive technologies
Paper accepted in Ad Hoc Networks Journal –
August 22, 2014
My paper “Plug4Green: A Flexible Energy-aware VM Manager to Fit Data Centre Particularities” has been accepted for publication in the Ad Hoc Networks Journal, special edition on Energy-Aware Data Centers! This is a great achievement since this is my first journal paper. Ad Hoc Networks is a very good journal. We present in this paper our prototype “Plug4Green”, an energy-aware VM manager based on Constraint Programming.
Paper accepted at E2DC 2014 –
June 10, 2014
My paper “Building Application Profiles to Allow a Better Usage of the Renewable Energies in Data Centres” has been accepted at the workshop E2DC 2014 (colocated with E-Energy conference)! In fact I will present it this very afternoon in Cambridge, UK. I’m getting used to this workshop and conference since it’s the third time I’m attending :)
Nomyx presented at Zurihac 2014 –
June 7, 2014
I attended Zurihac 2014, in which I presented my game Nomyx for the first time in front of 50 fellow Haskellers. We also started a tutorial session and a tournament during the event! This was an amazing experience.
PhD Research proposal accepted! –
January 21, 2014
I successfully passed my qualifying exam! I had to submit a paper with my research proposal, plus preliminary results, to the examination comitee. I presented my research proposal to this jury. It was accepted! Now, on to second year of PhD.
DC4Cities started! –
September 1, 2013
A cool project aiming at better using renewable energies in data centres. Gartner estimated that the global impact of the ICT sector is 2% of the global CO2 emissions, which is approximately the same as fuel consumption from the airline industry. Among that, data centres are tremendous energy consumers, regardless of what type of energy it is (green or fossile). Our objective is to research new technologies to foster a better usage of renewable energies in data centres. The main idea is to shift the workload in the data centre to make it run when the renewable energies are available (for example, when the sun is shining for solar energy).